Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No more cheesy-ness...

That last post makes me feel like I look pathetic and I have a strong urge to fall in love, well that is the case, but fuck that shit right now.  I am WAY to happy to deal with that nonsense and have never been happier being alone.  Anyway I decided I will post an awesome quote, an amazing artist, and a brilliant songwriter to make up for the cheesy-ness.

QUOTE: "Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square hole. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."  ~The Apple Company

**Thanks Apple for making people like me feel awesome, awesomer than we already know we are**




ARTIST: Ok since I have an obsession with stumbleupon, I have found many artists who are beyond talented.  Leonid Afremov's, a painter from Belarus, art really caught my eye.  His technique of painting with oil and palette-knife is incredible.  I hope you enjoy his art as much as I do.





**This one is my favorite**



SONGWRITER: Now for the songwriter, I have been constantly listening to Sia's 'We Are Born' album over the past few days, and I really really love her music.  Her lyrics are amazing and her soulful jazz-styled pop is different and innovative compared to most music played over the airwaves today.  She has a rare quality in always making the listener of her music happy even when the lyrics aren't, trust me I can vouch for that =)


Her newest album is incredible.  I would suggest checking out the song "Stop Trying."  It is just a fun and energetic song about just being yourself unapologetically and to not try so hard to impress people around you especially when they already like you.

Plus she hails from Australia and many awesome people come from Australia, I think it's in the water ;-)






No comments:

Post a Comment