Friday, August 27, 2010

Changes

Lately, especially over the summer, I made many changes in my life to the way I think to how I react to situations. I really finally feel comfortable being me and am genuinely happy with who I am and my life in general. Yet through these changes I have noticed that I am really starting to grow apart from my past friends, not all of them of course. Some have stayed stagnant while I have grown while others are miserable all the time, and I am not willing to let them keep bringing me down or hold me back. I don't see this as being a sad or bad experience though, I don't want to go back to how I used to be and if I need to be the old me to stay friends with them then I really can't be friends with them anymore. That is fine though because that is life. People grow apart, people change, people move on. I feel that I can express what I mean through 3 songs that I really love, and I feel really relate to my life at the moment.

Click on the Song Name to go to the song:
Beg, Steal or Borrow by Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs
Relevant Lyrics:
Well all the friends that you knew in school
They used to be so cool and they just bore you

It Don't Move Me by Peter Bjorn and John
Relevant Lyrics:
You don't move me no more
And I don't even mind
All these things I keep
Without caring too deep
Gonna put it to sleep
I can run much faster
When nothing wears me down

He can change what it's been before
It's erased and you can't restore
Let the screen stay black, go go
I don't want it back

When history is done
And everything is over
Just to keep us warm
It's slowly getting colder
There's nothing to explain
It's hard to stay the same
History is done
And everything is gone



Wanderlust by Bjork
Relevant Lyrics:
I have lost my origin
And I don't want to find it again
Whether sailing into nature's laws
And be held by ocean's paws

Wanderlust! relentlessly craving
Wanderlust! peel off the layers
Until we get to the core

No comments:

Post a Comment